Brand names play a vital role in the buying choices of customers. People often love to shop from brands that have a good image in the market. People recognize products based on their brand names. Let’s take an example of carbonated drinks; if a blindfolded person would be asked to recognize the drink through its taste, he will surely recognize the brand name very easily. The same situation applies to the generator market. The generator also has numerous brands throughout the world, and Yamaha has made a huge name in the generator market.
Just like the other Yamaha generators, the Yamaha EF2000isv2 model is also an excellent inverter generator. It is highly portable, efficient, lightweight, and comes with unique features. The EF2000is model has been updated and transformed into the new EF2000isV2 model. Both of these models look exactly the same at first sight, but the power provided by both models differ. The EF2000isV2 has been designed to provide higher power and output, which makes the EF2000isV2 a more desirable option for the buyers.
The Yamaha EF2000isv2 model does not have the usual appearance; its design differs from other generators. It has a slimmer design with curved edges like the old-school radio. The Yamaha EF2000isv2 is the ultimate buyer’s choice with excellent reviews by the customers and experts.
Features of the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Portable Generator
- Compact and Lightweight: The Yamaha EF2000isv2 is best known for its lightweight and compact design. It weighs around 44.1 lbs, which makes it one of the most lightweight generators with 2000-watts. The Yamaha EF2000isv2 will not fail its purpose of being a portable generator.
- Lower Noise: The Yamaha EF2000isv2 can be best used for recreational purposes because people often like a generator that is quieter and does not create unpleasant noise in public. The Yamaha EF2000isv2 is best for this purpose because it is super quiet.
- Excellent Fuel Efficiency: If we consider the run time and power of the Yamaha EF2000isv2, you will be highly surprised to see its fuel capacity. With as low as 1.1 gallons, the Yamaha EF2000isv2 is the most efficient inverter generator you can find.
- Super Clean Electricity: The inverter generators are best recognized for supplying clean electricity. The Yamaha EF2000isv2 has Pulse Width Modulation (PWM), which is a pure sine wave technology. This technology transforms into a 1% voltage stability and 0.1-hertz frequency stability.
- Centralized Control Panel: The Yamaha EF2000isv2 has a centralized control panel. This features a warning system for oil watch, fuel gauge, the light that indicates overload, a simple knob that can start the generator quickly, and circuit breakers.
Additional Features of the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Portable Generator
- Running wattage of 1,600 watts
- Surge wattage of 2,000 watts
- 1-gallons tank size
- Run time of 10.5 hours
- Noise level of 51.5 – 61 dB at 25% load
- Weight: 1 lbs
- U-shaped handle
- Two AC power outlets of 120 volt
- One DC outlet of 12 volt
- CARB and EPA compliant
- Automatic system for decompression
- Automatic warm-up system
- Smart Throttle system for guaranteeing fuel efficiency
- Spark arrestor approved by USFS
- 3-years warranty
To download the owner’s manual PDF of the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Portable Generator from the Yamaha website, please click here.
Pros, Cons, and Alternatives To The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Portable Generator
We would be remiss if we did not mention some of the advantages and potential disadvantages to the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Portable Generator. No portable generator is perfect, and our weight as a source of unbiased portable generator product reviews would be in jeopardy if we did not recognize this fact.
As such, below are some pros and cons of the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Portable Generator. We also have included a few relevant alternatives if this product does not check all the boxes to meet your needs.
Advantages of the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Portable Generator
- Parallel Generators: With the Yamaha EF2000iSv2, you can connect another parallel generator to enhance its power. For this purpose, you will have to buy a separate generator.
- Clean Power: The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 produces immaculate energy. Through its clean power, it reduces the risk of damaging your sensitive electronic gadgets like mobile phones and laptops etc.
- Excellent Yamaha Engine: The engine used in EF2000iSv2 is a Yamaha engine which has the outstanding quality to meet its reputation in the market. It has been awarded the best engine in the durability rating by ERP and CARB. The engine has been wrapped up in a cast iron liner, which upsurges the engine’s performance while running for the entire run time. It also protects the engine from any damages and makes it durable.
- Highly Portable: The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is a highly portable generator. Due to its lightweight, you can easily carry it and move it around.
Potential Disadvantages of the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Portable Generator
- Lack of Outlets: The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 has minimal power outlets available on this model. The lack of enough outlets is quite disappointing for the users. It does not have an RV-ready power outlet, which makes it difficult for the users to power camper vans or RVs.
- No USB port: The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 does not have a USB port. The USB port makes charging laptops and mobile devices easier.
- No 240-volt Capacity: The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 does not provide a 240-volt capability on it. This is troublesome for connecting heavy pieces of machinery at construction sites.
Alternatives to the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 Portable Generator
- WEN 56200i Inverter Generator
- Generac 7117 Inverter Generator
- WEN 56380i Inverter Generator
- Rainier R2200i Inverter Generator
Tips For Selecting The Perfect Generator
The followings are some tips for selecting a portable generator.
- Quality of Power: A Portable generator should produce the power of high-quality power. The customers should make sure that the generator must have an AC signal of the 60-hertz frequency with a sinusoidal waveform. Bear in mind that, when the load increases, the frequency decreases when the motor slows down, this causes an increase in current with a drop in voltage with frequency. This characteristic of power distortion can damage motors and devices.
- Auto Shutoff System: The auto shut down system safeguards the engine from damages due to low oil. It is better to purchase a generator that has an auto-shutoff system.
- Power You Need: People go for the generators, which provides more power rather than choosing the generator with the power they need. The customer must always figure out how much power they need from a portable generator? And then buy the generator, which can fulfill their need for power.
- Receptacles: The customers should figure out the number of receptacles they need. Do you require the generator only for one or two devices with low wattage, or do you need to for multiples devices with high wattage need? It would help if you determined how much outputs you need before buying a generator.
The buyers always want to buy a product that fulfills their expectation and run for a longer time. And with famous brands like Yamaha, customers’ expectations are higher than usual. But you do not need to worry because the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 will never disappoint its customers.
The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 focuses on delivering a portable generator that is extremely user-friendly and easy to carry. With the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 generator, you can make your trips more memorable by using it to run lights during your camping trips.
With its three-year warranty, the Yamaha EF2000iSv2 has captured customers’ trust and ensured its generator’s durability and high quality. The Yamaha EF2000iSv2 is your dream generator, do not think much and buy it.
Additional Generator Resources
- Portable Generator Transfer Switch: A 2020 Guide
- Generator Oil Matters: Choosing The Right Oil For Your Generator
- Power Line Conditioner: A Great Purchase? Our Take + 4 Options
- How To Parallel Generators For Strong Power in 2020
- The Importance of a Generator Wheel Kit in 2020
Interested in getting more information about generators, usage tips, and recommendations for the best portable generator? If so, you may be interested in the Generator Expert mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise.