It would even haunt you to imagine your life without any electricity or a power shortage. With your packed up schedules and almost all of your day-to-day activities relying on a safe and continuous flow of electricity, you would require a back-up power source at all times. So, to assist you with this need, you must get the Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator.
It can easily power all your major appliances like refrigerator and AC and therefore, you would have to no longer worry about all your frozen products going bad or suffocating because of the summer’s heat. This portable generator is powered via gasoline and has 9500 rated watts and 12500 peak watts. This shows that it can keep your house up and running if there is a blackout or no electricity.
This fuel-efficient generator will save you tons of money while offering you a continuous and lasting supply of clean and secure energy. You can easily install it and move it anywhere in the house as it’s portable. Its unmatched and advanced feature makes Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator a popular choice when it comes to the purchase of a back-up power source, portable generator. Let’s review it and assess if it’s right for you!
Features of the Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator
It won’t be an overstatement if you credit the amazing Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator as the jack of all trades. With its remarkable quality and design, many other significant features contribute towards its well-performance.
Easy to move around: As the generator is portable, you can transport anywhere easily. With the wheels attached it makes it easy to move it around the house and set it up where it suits them best.
Powerful engine: This is the prominent feature you must concern yourself with when you are looking for a generator. And you will be impressed with the massive amount of power generated by the 457cc heavy duty Westinghouse -Stroke OHV Engine. With this much power, you will seldom worry about the generator’s power running out.
Remote Start Key: No more manual starts for you. With the convenient remote key opening, you can easily turn the engine on and off. This is incredibly feasible as you would have to worry about pulling any lever to get the generator manually started like with the traditional generators.
Control Panel: This displays the current time numbers of voltage, frequency, battery life, and a built-in gas gauge. So, this way, you are aware of the stats and know when to turn the generator off or add fuel.
Additional Features of the Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts
- 2 hours of Run Time on a 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank
- Fuel Gauge
- Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle
- One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R
- One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R
- Two 5V USB Ports
- All Outlets Have Rubber Covers
- Remote Start Key Fob
- 12V Battery Charger
- Comes with Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit
- User’s Manual also available so you can easily set up the generator
- EPA and CARB Compliant
To download the owner’s manual PDF of the Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator from the Westinghouse website, please click here.
Pros, Cons, and Alternatives for the Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator
It would be impossible for you to decide if this generator suits your needs or not if you don’t analyze by considering both; its pros and cons. You have to assess your needs and budget, and then you must meticulously appraise the advantages and disadvantages of the generator.
But it would help if you were realistic. No generator is perfect, and we get that if you intend to spend a hefty amount of money, you would be expecting perfection and a flawless device. But you have to realize that each generator will have its unique set of qualities and features, but also some downsides which are bound to b encountered. Evaluate the following pros and cons, and then decide for yourself!
Advantages of the Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator
- Automatic Low Oil Shutdown :This will save a lot of fuel and consequently will prove to be highly cost-efficient. With this generator, you wouldn’t have to worry about shutting the generator down or reducing the load when the gasoline remaining in the tank is reduced. The engine will automatically shut off when required.
- Digital Hour Meter :With this feature, you will be able to track the runtime of the generator. You will require this figure if you want to keep the generator maintained and make sure that it doesn’t fail in performance earlier than it should.
- Tolerable Noise :Unlike the conventional loud generators, Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator is as quiet as your at-home dishwashers. It creates around 74 decibels of noise which may seem considerably loud, but you wouldn’t notice it as much once you get it set up.
- Overload Protection: This generator offers safe and secure energy and overload protection. This means that none of your appliances will be harmed if you connect a lot of devices and little amount of energy is produced. This way, your precious electronics will not be damaged.
- High Run-time: If you fill-up the gas tank with 6.6 gallons of gasoline, your generator will function correctly for 12 hours straight at high load.
Potential Disadvantages of the Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator
- Heavy :Though we mentioned earlier that this generator is portable and has wheels on its, you would still need men to carry it and drop it somewhere as it weighs around 352 pounds. This is a lot if you are staying along and have to pick up the generator and shift its location.
- Lower than average fuel-efficiency : In comparison to other generators, the fuel efficiency of the Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator is relatively low.
Alternatives to the Westinghouse WGen9500 Portable Generator
Top Tips For Selecting A Portable Generator
Choosing the ideal generator that will mark a tick on all your checklist criteria can be tiring and slightly overwhelming. If you are no electrical expert, you will get confused just by reading the specifications’ details. All the numbers and intimidating terms will haunt you. But for selecting a portable generator, you have to follow a few simple tips as follows:
This is possibly the primary factor in determining which generator you must lean towards. Get the one whose engine has high horsepower and therefore, offers a longer runtime. This means you can keep the generator functioning for longer.
Outlets Type and Number
Assess the number of outlets the generator has to offer and the number of outlets you require. Even if the particular kind of outlets doesn’t match, you will be in a lot of trouble.
You would need to monitor the fuel level in the generator, and for that purpose, you will require a fuel gauge. Make sure the generator you purchase has one.
Peak and Rated Watts
Rated Watts is the power supply that the device is comfortable running at with the power surge hitting the peak power occasionally. Even if this gets over your head, make sure that you add up the power rating of each device, you would want to run on your generator. Please create a list of them and then calculate the total. Now you need a generator whose Peak and Rated Power is compatible with the sum of the power of all devices you will connect with the generator.
You cannot carry a vast and massive generator around all the time. You would require a lightweight generator with a wheel attached to it so you can easily take it around anywhere you like.
Our Final Verdict
If you do decide to go on with purchasing this generator, then you defiantly have made a wise decision. It is a good option if you are looking for a portable generator that can power your high-powered essentials like refrigerators or AC or specific heating devices. With its incredibly high run time of 12 hours on a 50% load, you can power your devices for a more extended period before worrying about the generator running out of power.
With its overload protection feature and automatic low oil shutdown, automated voltage regulator, and other numerous properties, you will be at peace of mind when it would come to the use of a generator. With its heavy-duty engine, you can ensure a high horsepower of the generator, and you will witness how well it performs and how much energy it can generate. So, what are you waiting for? Go and get yours!
Additional Generator Resources
- Portable Generator Transfer Switch: A 2020 Guide
- Generator Oil Matters: Choosing The Right Oil For Your Generator
- Power Line Conditioner: A Great Purchase? Our Take + 4 Options
- How To Parallel Generators For Strong Power in 2020
- The Importance of a Generator Wheel Kit in 2020
Interested in getting more information about generators, usage tips, and recommendations for the best portable generator? If so, you may be interested in the Generator Expert mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise.