Westinghouse WGen5300s is the best power backup solution for your home. The manufacturer of the generator is Westinghouse. It’s peak watts are 5300 and, the running watts are 6600. It is very durable as it has a 274cc 4-stroke.
When the tank has 4.7 gallons, then it runs for 13.5 hours. It has a manual electric start. There is a fuel gauge built in it. It has a volt selector switch of 120/240V. The wheels never flat, the frame is of hardened steel, the roller bars are also added. It gives maintenance updates on the VFT data center.
The generator just needs cord hookup, as a result, tv, and refrigerator will be turned on. The weight of the item is 107 pounds. The ASIN is B000V5YMCG. The length of the generator is 26.97 inches, the width is 21.65 inches and, the height is 19.69 inches.
Features of the Westinghouse WGen5300S portable generator
The transfer switch LI4-30R saves from power strips and extensions. It is durable as it is build of sleeve cast iron. it has backup recoil start in case of emergency. It will automatically shut down when the oil will below. The frequency, output of voltage, and lifetime hours are displayed on the VFT data centre.
The Westinghouse WGen5300s has 274cc 4 strokes OHV. It has two duplex outlets of 5-20R. The outlets are covered with rubbers. the overload is also protected. It comes with a tool and wheel kit. They gave also the user manual, which helps in installation. The ignition is through the electric start, which is very easy.
- It has a Receptacle of RV ready TT 30R.
- The voltage is also regulated automatically.
- It is very easy, to use.
- The generator is first tested, in the factory and it also has oil.
- When the load is 25%, it runs for 18 hours.
- It can run both on 120 and 240 volts.
- It gives a 3-year warranty.
- The company provides lifetime technical support and customer service.
- It has a fuel tank capacity of 4.7 gallons.
- It has a frequency meter as well.
- The grounding system is bonded neutral.
- A spark plug wrench is also provided.
To download the owner’s manual PDF of the Westinghouse WGen5300s Portable Generator from the Westinghouse website, please click here.
Pros, cons, and alternatives of the Westinghouse WGen5300s portable generator
If you don’t conduct accurate pros and cons analysis, you will have no clue in which direction you must go to select the right generator. So, to make this decision process easier for you, we have thoroughly studied the advantages and disadvantages of the popular Westinghouse WGen5300s Portable Generator and have condensed the gist of both in the following section.
Up till now, this generator may seem ideal, but don’t make any haste decision without comparing the pros and cons. This way you can decide which aspect outweighs which one and hence you will be provided with a direction to follow.
Advantages of the Westinghouse WGen5300S portable generator
There are many advantages of using the WGen5300s Generator, some are discussed below.
- To connect the household appliances, there are two 5-20R outlets of 120volts.
- As it gives high output it is very affordable.
- It is very easy to repair and maintain.
- It has an hour meter and gas gauge, which is a very less expensive model.
- It is the very best choice for backup power and shore.
- It works best for RV’s.
- By using it, many household appliances can run as refrigerators.
- As it is an open frame generator, which makes it very easy to use.
- About 15000 BTU/hr appliance can run on it.
Potential disadvantages of Westinghouse WGen5300S portable generator
As this generator has many advantages but, it has some disadvantages as well which, are discussed below.
- It makes a lot of noise.
- There is no inverter in it.
- There is no eco throttle.
Alternatives to the WGen5300s Generator
- WEN DF1100T Portable Generator
- Jackery Portable Power Station
- RYOBI Portable Generator 6500
- DeWalt DXGNR7000 7000-Watt Portable Generator
Top tips for selecting a portable generator
Whenever you have to buy a generator, you should keep in mind that it is very easy to move. Always remember to calculate the wattages of home appliances, then buy the generator according to calculation. Remember to buy the best quality product. It should have the features in which it automatically turns off when the oil level is low. Otherwise, it will affect the generator.
Remember to buy a generator which does not make a lot of noise. The inventor generators are the ones, which do not make noise. There must be also some features like a transfer switch, voltage indicator, and automatic cooling. There must be also some warranty and technical assistance from the country. The generator should be durable as you spend a lot of money.
Choose the fuel of generator which, is all time available and cheap as compared to other fuels. Select the generator which can for a longer time. As it will run for a long time fuel, will be consumed less. Also, consider that the generator must have outlets.
Our final verdict
This generator is the best solution for power backup. By selecting it, your life will be much easier and you don’t have to think about power backup. By adding the power cord, more appliances can also be turned on. In considering the price it is also very economical and you can easily afford it. The fuel tank capacity is also good, and it also runs for a long time. Its tires are also flat, it can be moved easily.
The handle also forms a firm grip while moving it. As it has a transfer switch which saves from the extension. It has one default that it is very noisy. The VFT display also helps in displaying frequency and voltage. Its maintenance and repairing are also easy. All the money spend on it is not wasted as it has many features and advantages over other generators.
The ignition in this generator is of electric start, which saves from pulling the cord, which is quite a difficult task for elders. the pulling process also takes 2 to 3 trials in starting the generator. In addition to the features also some things like a tool kit come along. In case of emergency, there is also a recoil startup. the oil must be changed after every 25 hours. By changing the oil, its maintenance will be improved. The network dealer is less of this generator.
Additional Generator Resources
- Portable Generator Transfer Switch: A 2020 Guide
- Generator Oil Matters: Choosing The Right Oil For Your Generator
- Power Line Conditioner: A Great Purchase? Our Take + 4 Options
- How To Parallel Generators For Strong Power in 2020
- The Importance of a Generator Wheel Kit in 2020
Interested in getting more information about generators, usage tips, and recommendations for the best portable generator? If so, you may be interested in the Generator Expert mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise.