Imagine you are camping somewhere in the wilderness and exploring yourself and connecting with nature. You are discovering the unfathomed parts of yourself and enjoying the luxury of using your electronic appliances on a camping sight with no major powerhouse in-sight.
But wait, your portable generator has failed. It sent generating more power, and you are alone in the wild with no source to charge your electronics and essential appliances. This is the kind of situation you don’t want to be stuck in.
For this purpose, you need a convenient and reliable generator with high horsepower, that doesn’t give up easily and can charge all your essential appliances. So, we would suggest you the amazing Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator. Take it with you along camping and it will charge all your basic products so you can enjoy your camping like a boss!
With its high power, quieter operation, and maximum fuel efficiency, You wouldn’t want to purchase any other portable generator. Though the wattage of the Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator would suffice you can connect it with other compatible units to increase the wattage. It is also the right choice if you want to set it up at your home as an emergency power backup.
Features of the Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator
- User Friendly: Unlike other generators, you will find this generator to be highly user friendly and easy to manage. This will allow you to resolve any technical issues on your own without calling a technician every so often.
- Fuel-Efficient: Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator makes sure that minimum fuel is wasted and generates more power on low fuel consumption.
- Reliable Power Source: The power generated by this generator is safe and clean. It is highly reliable to be used in emergencies and power heavy-duty appliances. Many customers have claimed that they trust this powerhouse for many of their significant events.
- Attractive Technological Features: The amazing panel display of the Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator catches the attention of all customers. This panel displays all necessary information like hour meter and frequency voltage.
- Excellent Value: Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator is very reasonably priced. If you consider the remarkable features it offers at such a low price, it would be like you are practically stealing such an amazing generator.
Additional Features of the Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator
- Available in black and blue colors
- Weight: 43 pounds
- Dimensions:3 length x 12.5 width x 17.8 height
- 2200W: surge, 1800W: running
- 79cc 4-stroke OHV engine
- Outlets: 2x 120V, 1x12V DC
- Can run for 13 hours at quarter load
- Full tank capacity is 1.3 gallons
- 3-year Warranty
- Parallel capability
- Economy mode
- 52 dba noise levels
- Stable power
To download the owner’s manual PDF of the Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator from the X website, please click here.
Pros, Cons, and Alternatives To The Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator
We would be remiss if we did not mention some of the advantages and potential disadvantages to the Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator. No portable generator is perfect, and our weight as a source of unbiased portable generator product reviews would be in jeopardy if we did not recognize this fact.
As such, below are some pros and cons of the Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator. We also have included a few relevant alternatives if this product does not check all the boxes to meet your needs.
Advantages of the Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator
- Quiet: This generator creates 52 decibels of noise, which is so low that you can barely hear it. It blends with the faded surrounding’s noise and does not disturb you. So, you can enjoy powering all your appliance without being bothered with the noise that you once had to endure; of conventional generators.
- Eco Mode: This feature allows the generator to be extremely fuel-efficient, and with the economy mode, you can save tons on gas and fuel.
- Safe Power: Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator creates clean and safe power. So you don’t have to worry about your sensitive electronics like mobile phones, laptops, and tablets being damaged.
- Light-weight: If you are going to take a generator with you on the campsite, you would want it to be compact and light-weight. Fortunately, Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator is very light, and you can move it around anywhere.
- Parallel Capable: If you are not satisfied with the power that the generator is providing, you can connect it with additional units to make sure that it provides more energy to power all necessary appliances.
Potential Disadvantages of the Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator
- Fuel needs to be completely emptied out: You may not enjoy this feature because this means that you would need to empty the fuel in the tank before you can turn off the generator. This would result in fuel wastage and would consequently add in your Maintenance expenses.
- Apart from this, there are no downsides to purchasing this generator.
Alternatives to the Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator
- Briggs & Stratton P2200 Powersmart
- Energizer EZV2000P
- Atima Generator
- Yamaha EF2400ISHC
Tips For Selecting The Perfect Generator
You are possibly making a crucial decision that will tie your whole camping trip together, or maybe you are going to purchase an item that will keep your house functional and lit up at a time when there is a power outbreak. It would help if you made an informed and educated decision when it comes to choosing the right generator.
You couldn’t agree on just one as some many competitors and rivals will put forward one notable feature over the other. So, you need sufficient knowledge to make sure that you are choosing the generator that will best suit your needs. So carefully examine these factors when you decide to purchase a generator:
- Do the market search: Scour the market and view all the generators online. Make sure you know what you are looking for and go into the market prepared.
- Check its size: Determining the wattage and size of the generator is very crucial. Make sure the generator you choose has the power to run all the essential items at your house.
- See the outlets: See the appliances you will power through the generator and make sure the outlets are compatible.
- Portability; The generator should be compact and light-weight enough so that you can carry it around and travel with it without any inconvenience.
In the end, the question arises: is Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator really worth all the money and effort? With all the information we have gathered, we believe it is safe to conclude that the answer is yes. Many features of this generator outshone its rivals,’ but the best thing about Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator is that it can power appliances like refrigerators too. Who wouldn’t want to make good use of such a power source and enjoy a luxurious camping trip?
This super quiet generator will not disturb you or your neighbors, and you all can enjoy a good night’s sleep without being bothered by the loud and obnoxious noise of the traditional generators. Because of these compelling reasons, the Westinghouse IGen2200 Portable Generator has been ranked among the best portable generators for camping. So, if it fits your budget and checks all the pointers on your criteria, get your hands on it and prepare a trip to the wilderness.
Additional Generator Resources
- Portable Generator Transfer Switch: A 2020 Guide
- Generator Oil Matters: Choosing The Right Oil For Your Generator
- Power Line Conditioner: A Great Purchase? Our Take + 4 Options
- How To Parallel Generators For Strong Power in 2020
- The Importance of a Generator Wheel Kit in 2020
Interested in getting more information about generators, usage tips, and recommendations for the best portable generator? If so, you may be interested in the Generator Expert mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise.