In the past, large conventional generators were the only real option for providing backup power. Large generators are generally expensive and very noisy. Recent years have seen an increase in the variety of smaller portable generators as technology becomes increasingly capable and affordable.
If you are looking for a backup generator to power your home during blackouts or for camping and tailgating needs, a portable inverter generator is your best bet. Portable inverter generators are lighter, efficient, compact, and can provide enough on-demand electricity to power multiple devices. One of the most reliable portable inverter generators in the market today is the Westinghouse iGen2200.
About the Westinghouse iGen2200 Portable Inverter Generator
The Westinghouse iGen2200 is a gas-powered, mid-sized, inverter generator loaded with leading industry features for an excellent performance. It produces clean and safe emissions and has a quiet operating noise volume making it the perfect choice for household and camping use. Its lightweight and ultra-compact design and a built-in, suitcase-style handle allow for easy transportation.
The generator has an impressive power output, which makes it suitable for numerous applications. It features 120V outlets for large appliances with high power needs and 5V USB outlets for sensitive electronics. If you want more power, you can add a second Westinghouse inverter generator with a Westinghouse parallel cord.
Its Plug and play functionality and an uncomplicated control panel make operation easy for novice generator users. Maintenance is also straightforward and does not require special technical knowledge. For protection, it has built-in safety features, 3-year limited labor, service, parts coverage, and lifetime technical support.
Features Of The Westinghouse iGen2200 Portable Inverter Generator
- 79 cc, 4-stroke engine
- 1800 running watts and 2200 maximum peak watts
- Parallel capable
- 52 dBA minimum noise output
- Lightweight, compact design
- Two 5-volt USB ports and two 120V 20 Amp outlets
- 1.2 Gal fuel tank
- Fuel consumption of 0.1 Gasoline per hour at 25% load
Pros Of The Westinghouse iGen2200 Portable Inverter Generator
- At 46 lbs, it is highly portable
- User friendly with minimal maintenance requirements
- High power output for its class
- Low noise level for its power (52 dBA)
- Parallel capable with a Westinghouse parallel cord
- 2x USB ports are convenient power outlets for modern devices
- Reliable fuel efficiency mode
- 12 hour run time at 25% load
- Three-year limited warranty and lifetime technical support
- Competitively priced
- Excellent overall construction quality and design
Cons of the Westinghouse iGen2200 Portable Inverter Generator
- No electric start makes for hard starting in cold weather
- No fuel or oil gauge
- The small gas filling port
- Not ideal for grass or dirt surfaces since cooling comes from below the unit
- Only extremely quiet when operating at 50% power capacity
- No data center
Our Final Verdict on the Westinghouse iGen2200
Westinghouse iGen2200 is designed to deliver clean and reliable power to homeowners, amateur DIY lovers, and camping and tailgating aficionados. It provides the basic power requirements and has all the output ports that an average user would need.
If you are looking for a portable generator that offers reliability, safety, efficiency, for community-friendly use, you will find the Westinghouse iGen2200 Portable Inverter Generator is a compelling choice.