The Jackery company is producing the most reliable power banks. These power stations have a built-in lithium battery that is why these power banks can get recharged easily and provide a stable power supply for outdoor parties and other outdoor activities. The jackery power banks do not produce any fumes and keep the environment clean, and are eco-friendly as well.
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160 is the company’s most affordable and lightweight series. It provides a reliable power source for several mini electronic devices. The Jackery portable power station Explorer 160 is the perfect dynamo for short hiking trips and camping trips.
Features of the Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160
The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160 has a built-in 46.4Ah lithium battery that quickly gets recharged in four different ways. It can get a recharge by SolarSaga solar panel. It also charged through a wall socket, through the carport, and with the aid of an electric generator.
It has an AC outlet that gives 100 watts at its peak, whereas it has two USB-A and USB-C output ports as well.
The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160 is the perfect power source for recreational vehicles (RVs), backyard getaway, hunting, off-road, fishing, and other short outdoor trips.
- The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160 is a compact and most lightweight generator that can get charged in four ways.
- It can get charged via a wall outlet, carport, Jackery solar saga, and generator with a maximum wattage input of 100 watts.
- It provides 167 watt-hours of power storage and gives a constant electric supply to the attached appliance and devices.
- It is a perfect deal for outdoor grill parties and camping voyages.
- It supplies a stable power supply to small devices and appliances like drones, USB small fans, laptops, cameras, emergency lights, and smartphones.
To download the owner’s manual PDF of the Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160 from the Jackery website, please click here.
Pros, Cons, and Alternatives for the Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160
The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160 is the lightweight, portable, and most affordable power station that can recharge from Type-C USB, Type-A USB, solar panels, and AC outlets.
Since 2012, the Jackery company is catering to outdoor power needs. The company introduced lithium batteries in its power banks and power stations. The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160 renders a constant power supply outdoors. It is a sound power bank that caters to all the power supply needs of outdoor activities.
The eco-friendly power station provides 167 Wh of energy reserve that is sufficient enough to cater to short outdoor trips power needs.
Advantages of the Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160
- The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160 offers four varieties of charging. Solar panel charging, Wall outlet charging, AC outlet charging, and carport charging.
- The power bank can supply constant electricity to the short term outdoor campaigns.
- It can power several small electronic devices like a mini USB fan, cameras, phones, drones, emergency lights, etc.
- The recharging time varies with the way of charging and the surrounding temperature.
- The Jackery power station gives 100 watts’ output.
- The power bank has a 46.4 Ah lithium-ion battery.
- It has two Type-A USB output ports and one Type-C USB output port.
- The power bank has a 12 volts’ carport.
- It has a powerful LED flashlight. It also has SOS mode, which enables with the help of a long-press button at the side of the dynamo.
- LCD screen displays the status of the remaining power and the charge/discharge ratio.
- The power bank has a BMS system that ensures safety from short circuits, heating, and over-voltages.
Potential Disadvantages of the Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160
The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160 offers many advantages, but there are a few limitations as well.
- It provides a maximum of 100 wattage output. And it is advised to keep the wattage under 100W.
- The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160 does not support devices rated above 150W.
Alternatives to the Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160
- Jackery Explorer 500 Portable Power Station
- Jackery Explorer 240 Portable Power
- DuroMax XP5500EH Fuel Portable Generator
- Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station
Top Tips for Selecting a Portable Generator
Before purchasing a conveyable generator, power bank, or power station, keep some notable points in view.
Portable generators are available in different sizes so, keep your power demand in mind, and then choose accordingly. There are fuel options as well. Some compact generators use gasoline, diesel, or propane. Analyze the availability of fuel type and the size of the fuel tank as per your need.
Few portable generators are now available with lithium batteries. These dynamos can get charged by an external power supply. Several compact generators have various safety features, like the inverter system, sine wave system, etc. all these features assure a secure and constant electricity provision. Decibel grades are significant as the decibel number determines how much sound any generator produces while running. So, if you want a silent portable generator, do compare its decibel ratings with other dynamos.
Along with that, many other features as per individual power supply requirements should keep in view while buying a portable generator.
Our Final Verdict
The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 160 with extraordinary features is valuable to spend money on its purchase. The power bank gets charged in four different ways that make it versatile among various dynamos. It has a built-in lithium-ion battery pack.
The Jackery portable power station explorer 160 can be a dependable and reliable power backup source for any camping trip. The power bank has 167 watts per hour capacity. It has two ports of 12 volts and provides a maximum output of 100 watts.
The Jackery power station is sufficient enough to provide a constant power supply as it has advanced MPPT technology that ensures perfect power supply to many mini electronic devices. The power bank also has a BMS system that assures safety from short circuits, heating, and over-voltages. Therefore, keep your devices secure from any malfunctioning.
The power station does not need any fuel or gasoline, and it is eco-friendly as it produces no fumes. Therefore, it is perfect for both outdoor activities and indoor use.
Additional Generator Resources
- Portable Generator Transfer Switch: A 2020 Guide
- Generator Oil Matters: Choosing The Right Oil For Your Generator
- Power Line Conditioner: A Great Purchase? Our Take + 4 Options
- How To Parallel Generators For Strong Power in 2020
- The Importance of a Generator Wheel Kit in 2020
Interested in getting more information about generators, usage tips, and recommendations for the best portable generator? If so, you may be interested in the Generator Expert mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise.