If you love camping, traveling, hiking, or if you are an outdoor enthusiast or nature lover, then the portable Generac 7117 GP2200i inverter generator is all that you are looking for. This portable power solution has been designed for various open-air celebrations, especially outdoor parties, and picnics. These models will give you the best and the most stable power system for all your outdoor activities without producing disturbing noise for your neighbors and other wildlife around.
The Generac 7117 GP2200i can produce one of the cleanest power, which is required for various sensitive electronic devices, appliances, and tools. The Generac 7117 is a fully enclosed and compact product. It has an extremely lightweight, which makes it easier to carry and transport.
The Generac 7117 GP2200i portable inverter generator is the best option for you if you want to enjoy nature or your camping without disrupting nature. Moreover, Generac 7117 is straightforward to use. You will not need a big and lengthy book to read for understanding its uses or need another person to turn it on for you. You can take it anytime and anywhere you want without worrying about its weight or uses.
Features of the Generac 7117 Inverter Generator
The Economy Mode
The Generac 7117 inverter generator has an economy mode that can decrease the rate of fuel consumption and emission of unpleasant noise for operating quietly for a longer time. The Generac 7117 has a fully enclosed design, which decreases the noise level. This feature makes it quiet and friendly for the neighborhood.
Its TruePower technology provides an extremely stable and clean power. This feature makes it ideal for sensitive appliances, tools, and electronic devices like tablets, mobile phones, cameras, and computers, etc.
The Generac 7117 has an integrated knob for the choke, run, and off modes. This makes it easier for users to start the generator. Moreover, it uses 1.2-gallons fuel for a run time of 10.75 hours at 25% load.
Two parallel GP2200i inverter generators can also be connected with the Generac 7117 to increase the energy and power of the generator.
Automatic Shutdown System
It has an automatic shutdown system. When the oil level becomes very low, the engine automatically shuts down, which protects the engine from any potential damage due to low oil.
Built-in LED Indicators
The Generac 7117 has been built in LED indicators. These LED indicators aim to notify three main things to the users. First, when the oil gets lower than a certain level, second, when the generator is overloaded, and finally when it is ready to be used.
Additional Features of the Generac 7117 Inverter Generator
- The Generac 7117 has a built-in handle. This feature allows users to transport it easily.
- It has a USB port that can be used for directly charging mobile devices.
- The Generac 7117 has an extra feature; the outlets in this inverter generator are covered. This feature provides extra protection from the environment.
- A separate kit of Generac 7118 can be bought and connected with Generac 7117 to connect two inverters for increasing the power of the generator.
- It has a running watt of 1700 on AC rated output, 2200 starting watts on AC maximum output, and rated 120 VAC Amperage-14.1.
To download the owner’s manual PDF of the Generac 7117 Inverter Generator from the Generac website, please click here.
Pros, Cons, and Alternatives To The Generac 7117 Inverter Generator
We would be remiss if we did not mention some of the advantages and potential disadvantages to the Generac 7117 Inverter Generator. No portable generator is perfect, and our weight as a source of unbiased portable generator product reviews would be in jeopardy if we did not recognize this fact.
As such, below are some pros and cons of the Generac 7117 Inverter Generator. We also have included a few relevant alternatives if this product does not check all the boxes to meet your needs.
Advantages of the Generac 7117 Inverter Generator
- The Generac 7117 has an eco-mode. This mode reduces the consumption of fuel and reduces the production of unpleasant noises.
- It has more run time as compared to other portable inverter generators of some kind. Its run time is 10.75 hours with a 25% load and uses 1.2 gallons of fuel.
- It has a TruePower technology that produces the most stable and clean energy. Through this feature, all the sensitive appliances, electronic devices, and tools like laptops, mobile phones, tablets, computers, and cameras can be connected safely.
- The Generac 7117 is loaded with outlets. You do not need to worry about power outlets because this product has many outlets. The power outlets will help decrease load and distribute energy.
- It has a very lightweight and built-in handle. Both features make the transportation of Generac 7117 easier.
- The Generac 7117 also has an automatic shutoff system. This feature safeguards the engine from any potential damage due to low oil.
Potential Disadvantages of the Generac 7117 Inverter Generator
- The Generac 7117 is not suitable for if you want to run AC the whole night. This product does not support running AC for a longer duration of time.
- It does not have wheels. Despite its lightweight, the lack of wheels in Generac 7117 makes its transportation difficult because the user has to carry it.
- The Generac 7117 does not have a nice oil drain. One of the customers stated that he used a milk jug to pour oil into the generator because the placement of oil drain in the Generac 7117 is not done well.
- The Generac 7117 cannot be used for a continuous-time. It has very high quality and is reliable and durable, but using it continuously can be a bit troublesome.
Alternatives to the Generac 7117 Inverter Generator
- WEN 56380i Inverter Generator
- Rainier R2200i Inverter Generator
- Briggs & Stratton 30651 P2200 Generator
- Westinghouse IGen2200
Tips For Selecting The Perfect Generator
Several factors must be considered before making the buying decision of a portable generator. From the generator’s total wattage to its fuel source, every feature of a portable generator plays an essential role in making a generator tremendous and efficient to use. Some tips related to the selection of a portable generator are discussed in the following paragraphs.
Check the Fuel Option
A portable generator has three types of fuel, and each fuel type has its advantages and disadvantages.
- Diesel: It is less flammable than other types of fuel. Diesel works efficiently and is cheaper as compared to other fuels. Generators operating with diesel run longer than gasoline and requires less maintenance. But it is louder than gasoline or propane.
- Propane: It burns clean but has the least efficiency. Generators run on propane are the quietest, but it needs more servicing. It is incredibly flammable, which makes its storage dangerous.
- Gasoline: It is available everywhere, but it is extremely flammable, which makes its storage difficult and dangerous. It requires more maintenance because gasoline engines do not burn clean.
Search for Features You Desire:
It is important to go through all features of a generator before making your buying decision. The following table contains some features to consider before buying a portable inverter generator.
- Wheel and Handle: Wheels and handles make the transportation of the generator easier.
- Start Electrically: Make sure the generator starts electronically because it makes it easier for the user.
- Power Outlets: Consider the number of power outlets. A generator with more power outlets is desirable.
Most of the buyers make their buying decision based on how a product looks like – a very irrational approach to buy a product. Buyers should consider all facts about a product before buying it. The above paragraphs contain all required information about the Generac 7117, from its features to its pros and cons.
And like all other products, we recommend that the buyers should also consider the features and drawbacks of the Generac 7117. But if you want a handful of the product with the best quality and features that can fulfill your daily need for electricity and also give you a product at an extremely affordable price, then the Generac 7117 will be the best choice to make.
Through Generac 7117, you can make your outdoor festivities even more enjoyable. Get Generac 7117 and free yourself from all electricity troubles that you have always been facing during your outdoor activities.
Additional Generator Resources
- Portable Generator Transfer Switch: A 2020 Guide
- Generator Oil Matters: Choosing The Right Oil For Your Generator
- Power Line Conditioner: A Great Purchase? Our Take + 4 Options
- How To Parallel Generators For Strong Power in 2020
- The Importance of a Generator Wheel Kit in 2020
Interested in getting more information about generators, usage tips, and recommendations for the best portable generator? If so, you may be interested in the Generator Expert mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise.