Electricity has become a necessity and thinking of being without it even for a day is not an option for many of us. So, a majority of people take it as a necessary action of having a backup of power source for their home in case a blackout occurs.
In emergency situations, generators are the best way to keep power running at your home. When it comes to picking a generator for domestic purposes the DuroMax XP12000EH Dual-Fuel Generator is the prime choice amongst many other generators available in the market. It offers supreme functionality and will have you prepared for any power outage.
DuroMax XP12000EH Dual-Fuel Generator Features
DuroMax XP12000EH Dual-Fuel Generator offers 12000 Watts dual-fuel of power source to keep your home appliances alive in electric failures. It comes with the feature of portability most essential for any home generator additionally with dual fuel option of Gasoline and propane.
The DuroMax XP12000EH Dual-Fuel Generator has the feature of a keyed electric start and an optional recoil start. This unit provides power that is usually found in home standby units but it is portable which makes it easy to move around to any job or campsite.
DuroMax XP12000EH Dual-Fuel Generator is nicknamed The Beast because of its outstanding performance and high power which offers a 457cc power and 18HP DuroMax OHV Engine that provides electricity to fully loaded power panel that allows the user to draw up to the maximum 12,000 watts of power and electrify your essential home appliances along with a central A\C.
Below are some additional features of DuroMax XP12000EH Dual-Fuel Generator
- 12,000 starting watts and 9,500 running watts
- Run Time- Gasoline Up to 8.83 Hours at 1/2-and Propane Up to 7.2 Hours at 1/2-Load
- Low Oil Shutoff – turns the generator off when oil level is below a certain level
- Automatic idle control – saves fuel by lowering RPMs when the generator is not in use
- DuroMax 4-stroke air-cooled spark-ignition engine
- 8 gallons of fuel capacity
- Control Panel
- Automatic Voltage regulation
- Quiet Muffler reduces engine noise
- Fuel Guage
- Easy setup and start which makes it user friendly
- 5 power outlets
- the option of operating at both 120 and 240 volts at once
To download the owner’s manual PDF of the DuroMax XP12000EH Dual-Fuel Generator from the DuroMax website, please click here.
Pros and Cons of DuroMax XP12000EH Dual-Fuel Generator
Every generator comes with some disadvantages along with many of its benefits and the same is the case with DuroMax XP12000EH Dual-Fuel Generator. It is an extremely powerful generator with utmost performance and solid body hence is awarded with the nickname of ‘THE BEAST’.
Being such a powerhouse of energy the DuroMax XP12000EH Dual-Fuel Generator is still a portable generator having a wheel kit and a front handle to move it around with no hassle. It is a dual fuel generator which makes it rather economical on your pocket as compared to others with the same features. Let us share some more of its advantages and drawbacks.
- Dual fuel: Propane and Gasoline which makes it lighter on the pocket and can give longer run time by switching between fuel types
- Nicknamed The Beast provides extreme power with 2000 starting watts and 9500 running watts
- Electric start with
- Robust design and high-quality steel body material
- Never flat for carrying its heavyweight of almost 260lb.
- Low noise level of 74 dB making it somewhat quite as compared to others
- 5 outlets: one 120V/20AMP outlets, one 120v/30AMP twist lock, one 120/240V 30AMP outlet, and one 50-amp heavy-duty outlet
- Flexibility to operate between 120V and 240 volts
- DuroMax MX2 technology with 18HP, 457cc OHV Engine to draw maximum power from each of the 120-volt holders
- Voltmeter and 12V DC charging ports for charging external batteries
- Circuit breaker
- EPA and CARB certified which makes it as much environmental friendly as possible
- 3 years of warranty that covers any defects in manufacturing or workmanship
- Very loud: Duromax XP12000EH generator operates at 74dB which is quite heavy noise to work around but every power generator comes with this drawback
- Heavyweight: Another drawback of this is its heavyweight although it has a wheel kit but again transporting it would still need power and muscles
- Costly: with all of its great features and power The Duromax XP12000EH generator is one of the expensive generators in the market
Alternatives to the DuroMax XP12000EH Generator
- Westinghouse WGen5300V Portable Generator
- Westinghouse WGen5300S Portable Generator
- RYOBI Portable Generator 6500
- DeWalt DXGNR7000 7000-Watt Portable Generator
Top Tips to decide on Portable generators
There are several factors to be kept in mind while choosing any portable generator. One of the most important and basic factors for choosing a portable generator is its flexibility of transporting between locations and how easy it is to move around so a good portable generator having a wheel kit and front handle is the best to choose from, but this cannot be the only key point.
Another crucial factor is how much power you need from the generator and how heavy machinery you need to provide electricity to as this would be deciding the size and running watts you will be needing from the generator as portable generators come in a variety of size ranges.
Fuel options and other generator features like voltmeter, engine capacity, power outlets, etc. also helps to decide which generator is best suitable for you. Another imperative factor for any portable generator is its decibel rating as any loud generator with a high decibel rating would not be a good choice for domestic purposes.
Our final verdict
For everyone who needs their generator to be tough outside and powerful which can handle almost everything and provide electricity to most of the home appliances and heavy machinery, DuroMax XP12000EH Dual-Fuel Generator is the must have.
Now that you know almost everything about DuroMax XP12000EH Dual-Fuel Generator it is quite easy to decide because it is one of the best portable generators that ticks many boxes such as stress-free to set up, hassle-free to move around, simple to use, and offers great value for money. Carrying ‘The Beast’ as its nickname, this portable hybrid generator generates a lot of expectations for its power, run time, and rugged design.
Additional Generator Resources
- Portable Generator Transfer Switch: A 2020 Guide
- Generator Oil Matters: Choosing The Right Oil For Your Generator
- Power Line Conditioner: A Great Purchase? Our Take + 4 Options
- How To Parallel Generators For Strong Power in 2020
- The Importance of a Generator Wheel Kit in 2020
Interested in getting more information about generators, usage tips, and recommendations for the best portable generator? If so, you may be interested in the Generator Expert mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise.