In this progressive era, it is unimaginable to live without electronic tools and appliances and even more frustrating, reversing the inevitable consequences of prolonged fluctuations.
When voltage shortage becomes routine and necessary precautions aren’t taken to manage them; then your entire system might be adversely affected. In this case, you will be left with no option but to contact a reliable electrician and re-model the wires, which can take a toll on your wallet and time. This is precisely why power outages and shortages can prove out to be such a big nuisance.
In worst-case scenarios, they can last for hours, days, even several weeks so, you must prepare well before time by installing a portable or a permanent generator to make power outages easier to handle. If you are sick and tired of these mishaps and are looking for a solid power supply for your devices, then Briggs and Stratton P2200 Powersmart is the best choice.
This generator features a camp-style model that is also extremely convenient for tailgating. It is not only quiet and light-weight but is also fuel-efficient and easy to move. With inverter technology, it produces smoother power for sensitive electronics.
Features of the Briggs and Stratton P2200 Powersmart
- Quiet: Briggs and Stratton P2200 of the Power-smart series functions at about 59 decibels low operating volume, which makes it quieter than a typical chat, so it effortlessly fuses into the background of social meetups. It self-regulates the speed of its engine resulting consequently in the reduction of unwanted noise.
- Fuel efficient: Briggs and Stratton P2200 features a 111 cc OHV engine. It produces 2,200 starting watts and 1700 running watts. It contains a one-gallon fuel tank which can work up to 8 hours of continuous operation at a 25% load. So, don’t worry about spending fortunes on fuel!
- Safe for electronic devices: Invertor based technology of this generator provides you with a much smoother power supply. Briggs and Stratton P2200 produce less than about 3% harmonic distortion making it best suited for sensitive devices like PCs, Laptops, Mobile phones, and gaming systems.
- Convenient and Portable: The generator weighs only about 54 (lbs). It comes in handy and makes it perfect for single person use. The H-handle design allows a single person to take it from one place to another conveniently.
- Built-in expandability feature: It features an exclusive outlet that connects some other Power-Smart series generators.
Additional Features of the Briggs and Stratton P2200 Powersmart
- USB port for charging various electronics
- Perfect dimensions; 12.5 inches width, 17.35 inches Height, 21 inches length
- Has a 2-year limited Consumer Product Warranty
- Comes with a 90-day Commercial Product Warranty
- Features a spark-arrestor preventing the emission of sparks as a result of internal combustion
- A convenient yet an extensive control panel; Three outlets (2 Household, one direct current), USB adaptor, crockpots, and many more
- Recoil start-up
- Features a low oil shutdown
- Permanent Magnet alternator
- 16 Running Amps and 18.33 Surge Amps
- Runs an Automatic Idle Control
- Features a Super Lo-Tone Muffler
To download the owner’s manual PDF of the Briggs and Stratton P2200 Powersmart from the X website, please click here.
Pros, Cons, and Alternatives To The Briggs and Stratton P2200 Powersmart
We would be remiss if we did not mention some of the advantages and potential disadvantages to the Briggs and Stratton P2200 Powersmart. No portable generator is perfect, and our weight as a source of unbiased portable generator product reviews would be in jeopardy if we did not recognize this fact.
As such, below are some pros and cons of the Briggs and Stratton P2200 Powersmart. We also have included a few relevant alternatives if this product does not check all the boxes to meet your needs.
Advantages of the Briggs and Stratton P2200 Powersmart
- Light-weight and portable: can be taken to camping, hikes, and travels. H-handle makes it easy to carry and hold.
- Runs quietly: maximum as loud as a brand-new car’s engine. Features quite a power technology that adjust the engines speed for less noise, less fuel usage, and reduces different emissions
- Moderate power-supply : It can even supply power to some larger devices like chargers and hair dryers. Best suited for power supply to mobile phones, gaming setups, televisions, and small lights.
- Convenient start-up: Briggs and Stratton P2200 is a recoil generator; thus it is easy to start in summers as well as the winters. Even the start-up procedure is effortless, and it fires on the very first pull-up.
- Inexpensive: Can be bought at a meager price of $567.83
- Large storage option: Can hold about a gallon of gas
- An Expandability features: Exclusive parallel outlets are fitted for creating a stronger power supplier source.
Potential Disadvantages of the Briggs and Stratton P2200 Powersmart
- Might not start that easily in rainy weather or extremely hot weather conditions.
- The positioning of the turn-off switch might not be ideal
- Might become louder with a passage of time
- You might have a problem with adjusting to the settings of the overload switching and will not be able to supply power to high powered machines like big microwaves and fridges
- It does not have a fuel consumption indicator tool, so you might not know how much of it you have used.
- Not that much of a powerhouse with only 2200 watts
Alternatives to the Briggs and Stratton P2200 Powersmart
- Energizer EZV2000P
- Atima Generator
- Yamaha EF2400ISHC
- Champion 3400
Tips For Selecting The Perfect Generator
There are elements that you should keep in your mind when you are looking for an efficient yet portable generator.
- Primarily, you must survey the market and narrow down what exactly you are looking for.
- Decide the wattage of your appliances
- Choose a highly-functioning generator
These compact and easy to carry generators come in a huge variety in terms of power options and dimensions. It would help if you summed up the running wattage of the appliances, check their model number, then determine the size and the same device that powers 90% of your needs.
Keep in mind the fuel-cost, accessibility of the fuel in your area, and the size of the generator’s fuel tank. Repeated refills would mean a waste of time and money.
Another thing we must consider is the decibel rating since generators can be extremely noisy. If you are planning to stay alone or work with a lot of people, then look for an item with a less decibel rating.
If you’re hunting for a fast-starting portable generator, then choose the one that features an electric start option. Apart from that, look for wheels, handles, and engine types for further convenience.
The Briggs and Stratton P2200 is a phenomenal portable power supplier that has come a long way from the old, conventional permanent generators. That, along with numerous exclusive features listed above, will make power shortages and prolonged voltage fluctuations more manageable.
It might not be an ideal generator for a huge on-site power project, but it can light-up numerous appliances of moderate rating at a time without a doubt. It is also advised that you look for other options if you live in extreme weather conditions and are looking for a quick-start product.
We have carried out comprehensive research on the performance of the various products, and The Briggs and Stratton P2200 has proven out to be a worthy competitor for other pricier options. It is quieter than conventional generators and comes with features that will make your life easier.
Additional Generator Resources
- Portable Generator Transfer Switch: A 2020 Guide
- Generator Oil Matters: Choosing The Right Oil For Your Generator
- Power Line Conditioner: A Great Purchase? Our Take + 4 Options
- How To Parallel Generators For Strong Power in 2020
- The Importance of a Generator Wheel Kit in 2020
Interested in getting more information about generators, usage tips, and recommendations for the best portable generator? If so, you may be interested in the Generator Expert mailing list. We won’t spam you, and we don’t sell your data. That’s a promise.